Thursday, April 18, 2013

Boys Were Jealous of Me

When I was a young teenage (Hispanic) girl boys were jealous of me...  Growing up in a strict Hispanic home, I wasn't allowed to shave/wax until I was 18 (not even 15)...  I'd  come home crying a lot because the boys would make fun of me...  My mom would always try to console me by saying, "...they're only jealous of you..."

I never understood why... ONE DAY it hit me!!!  "Yeah they're jealous of me! Of course... it's obvious...  it's because at the age of 15 I could practically grow a 'handle-bar mustache' like nobody's business..."  Especually during the adolecent years when boys are trying to be men & "try" to grow facial hair. Don't get me started on my sideburns!!!

That explains everything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All thoughtful comments are welcome!