Sunday, March 17, 2013

Addicted to...

I love to perform on a stage whether it's comedy, singing, dancing or all of the above...  Friday night I went to my local (every Friday night) karaoke bar...  I LOVE IT!  I can't get enough of it.  I left my house & told my husband, "I'll only be a couple of hours."  Well... welll... well...  I got home at around 1:30 am (I left the house at 9 pm).  I may drag my feet to get all dolled up & get my ass there... but once I'm there, I want to stay there all night!!

The feeling of taking that one step on stage... the warm lights caressing my skin... Reaching for the microphone, & hearing my voice project accross the room as I say something cheesy like as if I'm doing a comedy bit, "Hey great crowd tonight...  Let's give it up to (the name of the bar)..."   The song I chose starts playing and the count down begins...  3..2..1..  It's my cue to sing....  I start...  then I realize, "I do sound better in my car...  Why am I off key?  Hmmmm..."  oh well...  then I start dancing like Bozo the Clown...  LOL!!  The applause...  The laughter...!!!  I am a comic, not a singer...  well, only in my car or shower... 

But a stage is a stage, and any opportunity I can get to make people laugh... I'LL TAKE IT!!  Just ask my husband...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All thoughtful comments are welcome!